Friday, January 8, 2010

Miso Kit Kat みそ味キットカット


I've been on a bit of a health kick lately, since the new year, and one of the products I've warmed to is Miso. It's not a flavour that is popular in our house. Yasu has never liked it, and I've never really been a fan, until now.

I found quite a few recipes where miso, combined with sugar and mirin, make eating miso alot more pleasurable.

So when I found Miso Kit Kat I knew that I had to try it!

This Kit Kat is a premium release, and comes in a box of 12 individually wrapped minis. The chocolate coating on the outside is a light golden coloured white chocolate.


The smell of the outside of the Kit Kat is a very diluted miso scent. The white chocolate coating is buttery, has hints of sweetness and a balance of salt. There is some miso flavour between the wafers, but only a hint. It is not really as full flavoured as I hoped it would be.

This ends up tasting like the Shoyu kit kat, abit maple flavoured. I don't know why that happens. This flavour had the potential to be so good, especially as it's such an iconic Japanese flavour.

It was definitely a let-down. Don't get me wrong, it tastes nice, sweet, and salty, but more like a maple syrup bar than a miso one. In fact if I had not know it was Miso, I would never have guessed.

I would probably say, don't waste your money on this one. If you want to try it just once, you can buy the mini bars individually from napaJapan.

1 comments:

Admin said...

There are 19 Kit Kat unique Japanese flavours

Miso Kit Kat is not one of the weirdest!

Post a Comment